Ensuring Safe and Legal Private Aircraft Charters
Fly Legal Day each January is an oppurtunity to highlight the dangers of illegal charters. Booking private aircraft can be straightforward and secure if you follow the right guidelines. To avoid illegal charters and ensure your safety, keep these essential tips in mind:
Booking a safe Charter
- Use Accredited Members of The ACA: When booking a private flight, opt for accredited members of The ACA (Air Charter Association) to ensure legitimacy and adherence to regulations.
- Consult an Accredited Charter Broker: Discuss your travel requirements with one of our team who are all accredited charter brokers who can guide you through the process and ensure compliance.
- Verify Operator’s Licenses: Request copies of the Air Operator Certificate (AOC), Certificate of Airworthiness, and insurance from the operator. Don’t hesitate to ask for these documents to confirm legality.
- Confirm Pilot Qualifications: Ensure that the pilot of your chosen aircraft is correctly qualified, providing you with peace of mind during your flight.
- Trust Your Instincts: If a deal seems too good to be true, exercise caution and conduct thorough due diligence. Avoid operators or intermediaries with impressive websites that may not be legitimate.
Why Are Illegal Charters a Concern?
Illegal charters lack the safety measures, security protocols, risk assessments, and compliance management that legal charter operators adhere to. Furthermore, illegal charters often rely solely on the pilot, with no oversight of their work. This creates unnecessary risks for passengers and damages the reputation of law-abiding professionals in the aviation industry. When choosing private aircraft travel, prioritise legality and safety to ensure a secure and enjoyable experience.
Illegal charters pose significant risks, including voiding the operator’s insurance and potentially invalidating passengers’ life assurance. It’s crucial to stay vigilant and verify bank details over the phone to prevent fraudulent transactions.
Fly Legal Day
On January 21, 2019, a tragic incident occurred involving Premiership footballer Emiliano Sala and the pilot, resulting in the loss of their lives when their aircraft crashed into the English Channel. This devastating event brought international attention to the issue of illegal charter flights, garnering extensive media coverage not only of the accident itself but also of the subsequent legal prosecution and trial.
In remembrance of this tragic accident and as part of the ongoing efforts of the ACA to raise awareness and combat illegal charter activities, January 21st has been designated as “Fly Legal Day.” On this day each year, the ACA call upon all members and industry colleagues worldwide to join in spreading awareness and shedding light on this unlawful practice. The goal is to prevent similar tragedies from occurring in the future.
Safety Assurance with Admiral Jet
You can rest assured that all of our operations and practices are carried out under strict protocols and under the guide of membership to the Air Charter Association.
Our charters undergo meticulous scrutiny, including pilot qualifications, regular training, and third-party audits of services like fuel and handling. This ensures a safe journey by eliminating commercial pressures from the flight and ground crew.